Read the dialogue on page 50
Do the exercises on page 51(Part)2
a. Find the expressions in the story.
- Yes, please. — Izzie
- No thanks. — Kate
- Oh, right. — Mark
- Don’t worry. — Mark
c. Read the dialogue and put the sentences in the correct order.
d. Complete the dialogues with the expressions from Ex. 7a.
a. Tick (✔️) the statements that are true for you. Put a cross (❌) to say ‘Not true for me’
- I love chips. — ✔️
- Goat’s cheese and mushrooms — yuck! — ✔️
- I really don’t like fruit. — ❌
- Chicken is delicious. — ✔️
- It’s good to try new things. — ✔️ and ❌
Different places-different lives/page 54
a. Complete the sentences about Calvin and Mawar with the words in the box.
- Calvin’s dad usually leaves the house before six o’clock.
- Calvin’s mum always spends the day at home.
- Calvin’s mum often does the homework.
- Calvin and his family sometimes watch television.
- Mawr never goes to the school that’s seven kilometres away.
- There are often storms and heavy rains.
d. Complete the sentences with expressions from Ex. 3c. Then listen and check your answers.
- My mum checks her email at 8 am and 8 pm.
My mum check her email twice a day.
2. Tom eats fruit on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thurday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Tom eats fruit every day.
3. Susan goes shopping on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Susan goes shopping three times a week.
4. Harry plays football on Saturday.
Harry plays football once a week.