Charity fun:read the dialogue on page 36
Hometask:ex.8/b,page 36,ex.9/a,d,page 37
b. Read the story again. Match the beginnings and endings.
- Jo is in a half — marathon race.
- The four friends want to go and watch the race.
- They think the race starts at 11 o’clock.
- They ask a woman for directionts to Gordon Park.
- When they get to the park, the race is finished.
- Jo is very happy to see the four friends.
a. Find the expressions in the story. Who says them?
- Really? — Kate
- Wait a minute. — Mark
- I have no idea. — Darren
- … actually. … — Jo
d. Complete the dialogues with the expressions from Exercise 9a.
1. A: I love the Flaming Lips — they’re great!
B: Really? I dont like them at all!
2. A: I’ve got DVD of a great film. Let’s watch it.
B: Well, actually. I’m very tired. Can we watch it tomorrow?
3. Paula — who’s that boy over there?
B. I have no idea. Let’s go and ask his name!
4. A: Where’s the park?
B: I don’t know. Wait a minute. Look! I think that’s the park, over there!